To aid in the public's exploration of African American history in Arkansas, the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center offers a variety of resources to help with research and historical references.
Family History and Research
The Bush – Remmel Genealogy Study Center provides access to Ancestry.com records to assist in your search to research family history.
The Bush-Remmel Genealogy Study Center also allows patrons and scholars to conduct scholarly research using the library, databases, and research files of the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center. The current resource collection is comprised mainly of secondary source materials, subject files, and primary research file used by staff. The Study Center is available by appointment only so staff will be available to assist scholars.
The Museum collects artifacts and documents that preserve the history of African Americans in Arkansas. The artifact collection is available for research on a limited basis. Scholars are allowed to conduct research on individual items from the collection once approved by the museum director. Research must contact museum staff at least 2 weeks before to set-up an appointment.
The following are the guidelines for conducting artifact research:
1. Submit a copy of a research proposal for approval.
2. Prearrange all research time to be spent at the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, to ensure that adequate staff and physical facilities will be available.
3. Comply with all conditions imposed by the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center staff to protect its collections and facilities.
4. Credit the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center as source in all published results.
5. Provide the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center with a copy of any published results (at researcher's cost) which are obtained from the use of resources.
Researchers must contact museum staff at least 2 weeks before to set-up an appointment for artifacts. For more information about any of our research center or artifact research, contact Bryan McDade, Curator of Collections, at 501.683.6278 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.