Mosaic Templars Cultural Center is accepting submissions for a Creative Story Writing contest designed to celebrate the historical importance of Juneteenth.
The 2017 Story Theme is “Freedom”
Story Contest Description:
In the spirit of Juneteenth, Mosaic Templars is excited to host a Creative Story Writing Contest for youth from 2nd to 12th Grades. This contest encourages students to explore their creative writing skills.
Trophies will be awarded to the 1st place winners in the elementary, middle and high school categories. All participating students will receive a certificate. Winners’ photos and excerpts from the stories will be published on the MTCC website.
Entries must be submitted by email or mailed to: 501 W. 9th St. Little Rock, AR 72201~ email: [email protected] ~ by midnight (CST) on May, 25th, 2017.
1. All current Arkansas residents from 2nd-12th grade students are eligible.
2. Stories must be the original work of one entrant.
3. There is a limit of one entry per student.
4. All entries must be submitted in English.
5. All entries must be received by midnight (CST) on the date of the submission deadline.
7. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest.
8. The story must be at least 750 and no more than 1000 words.
Entries will be judged by noted authors and educators and will be based on
- creativity of execution
- topic selection
- strong characters
- quality of writing
- connection to the topic